Entry Level: Non-Exempt Position
Summary and Mission:
Performs a variety of member service duties, including opening accounts, new certificates, processing consumer loans and paying/receiving transactions as a service professional to TAPCO Credit Union members with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Greets and welcomes members in a professional manner. Provides excellent member service by providing prompt and accurate member transactions. Promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a professional manner providing prompt, excellent service and accurate member transactions.
- Opens new member accounts, certificate of deposits, IRAs and HSA accounts.
- Assists member with paying and receiving transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, money orders, cashier’s checks, checks and loan payments.
- Receives and processes applications for consumer loans. Meets with applicants, explains credit policies, provides guidance and verifies application data and credit criteria.
- Balance cash drawer at end of business day and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Handles cash and checks within set limits and places holds where needed.
- Performs drive-up functions and night drop duties as assigned.
- Understand and sell GAP, Warranties and payment protections plans
- May have opening and closing responsibilities.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Promotes, explains and cross-sells TAPCO services and products.
- Models a high level of customer service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- 3 months experience as a MSR 1 or as a teller in a financial institution
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages)
- High level of customer service and good verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment
- Understanding of credit union policies and procedures
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.