Summary and Mission:
Assures credit union control effectiveness by performing regular internal audits utilizing a risk-based approach. Responsible for the overall internal audit program (through a combination of internal audits and third-party audits), including the managing of the risk-based audit program, focusing on control effectiveness, documentation of deficiencies, and communication within the management team.
This role will also be required to assist the Risk Management Officer with reporting to the Supervisory Committee and interface with regulatory agencies, including Washington State DFI and NCUA. Identify and promote internal audit best practices by developing and maintaining up-to-date audit methods, programs, and other supporting infrastructure.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall audit program for the credit union and for proactively identifying operational and compliance risks and presenting recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations, and for improvements to mitigate identified risks and to conduct investigations of possible improprieties on the part of credit union employees.
- Follow up of all audits to ascertain that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings and recommendations.
- Stay abreast of relevant policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and credit union trends. Participates in educational opportunities to maintain awareness of regulatory compliance issues, audit, and quality control.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Protects the interest and assets of the organization, individual employees, and members, as well as privacy of member information by following and enforcing all established security procedures and guidelines.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to management on areas of concern and operational efficiencies.
- Continually evaluate and develop each audit area for effectiveness. Audit programs should identify objectives, planned scope of coverage, and procedures to be performed.
- Answer questions/assist with training for staff regarding policies and procedures as they related to compliance, audit findings, and ongoing rules/regulatory changes.
- Supports the BSA Officer in ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Two years auditing and/or compliance experience in a financial institution.
- Firm understanding of compliance issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee's job responsibilities may change at any time during employment
- AAP Accredited ACH Professional.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and correspondence.
- Well organized with ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor degree accounting/business/auditing/finance.
- CIA/CCUIA designation.
- Credit union experience.
- Operational and compliance auditing experience.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
You may email your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.