Responsible for the direction and operations of the Marketing functions. Develops and implements all business development and marketing strategies and communications to meet TAPCO’s short/long term objectives. Develops and oversees promotions including advertising, data analysis, public relations and promotional campaigns and events. Participates in the inception and development of new services and products. Ensures the promotion of corporate culture via internal and external communications.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of effective business development, marketing strategies and guidelines.
- Advises management on short/long term strategic marketing plans. Develops marketing objectives, goals and strategies to support the strategic goals.
- Responsible for formulating and executing effective product and service strategies and programs. Determines appropriate product mix and positioning for each product. Identifies and quantifies target markets for Credit Union products.
- Researches and analyzes environmental, competitive, and business conditions that affect operations. Develops and implements effective monitoring program of competitor’s products.
- Assumes responsibility for the development of effective promotion strategies.
- Develops, recommends, oversees and measures advertising and public relations programs, promotional campaigns, trade shows, special offers, training seminars, and product launches.
- Responsible business development activities including establishing and maintaining professional business relations with members, vendors, and community contacts
- Provides leadership and direction to supervised areas staff. Ensures that staff is well trained, effective and optimally used. Monitors individual performance and effectiveness. Conducts performance reviews annually. Implements corrective actions as needed.
- Formulates and manages the marketing budget.
- Oversees the MCIF platform. Ensures member product information is recorded and reported accurately and timely from MCIF and other data resources relevant to the marketing function and strategic direction.
- Maintains an in depth, up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for position
- Ensures and models a high level of customer service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- Associate’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five years marketing work experience.
- Knowledge of credit union products and services and competitors product lines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills. Experience managing others.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Three years as a Manager or Director of Marketing.
- Marketing experience in a credit union environment.
- Ability to operate in graphic design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Understanding of the credit union’s field of membership.
- Thorough knowledge of credit union services and products.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be required – must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.