Provides strategic and day-to-day direction for TAPCO consumer branch and lending operations to ensure maximum volume, appropriate profit, and acceptable delinquency ratios. Responsible for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of branch operations and consumer/mortgage lending functions, including direct and indirect loans. Directs the formulation and implementation of branch operations and lending policies and practices.Provides leadership, direction and training support to affected staff members. Serves as a member of the Senior Management team and contributes to the execution of the Credit Union strategy.Ensures member needs are promptly and professionally served. Actively promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members and prospective members.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of branch operations and lending operation functions, including direct and indirect loans..
- Remains knowledgeable of branch and lending operations services and assists members as needed.
- Provides lending review, support and approval (as needed) for branch operations and lending staff.
- Ensures member needs are promptly and professionally served.
- Develops, maintains and updates effective branch operations and lending strategies, policies and procedures. Ensures that department plans, policies and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, industry trends, and further Credit Union initiatives.
- Responsible for the performance management of staff, to include daily feedback, coaching and mentoring; administration of appraisals that are timely and meaningful. Identify and address deficiencies constructively. Continually support, encourage and motivate team members toward ongoing growth and development.
- Develops and maintains an annual budget. Approves department expenses.
- Manages outside vendors as needed.
- Works with regulators and auditors to provide information and ensure effective credit union branch and lending operations.
- Demonstrate leadership in words and actions on a daily basis; act as role model for success and engagement. Create a positive work environment conducive to trust and transparency; foster a culture of a high performing team that is engaged and committed to performing TAPCO’s mission.
- Consult with Human Resources (HR) on issues outside of the normal scope of performance or behavior. Report all issues of safety or legal consequence immediately and surface undesirable patterns as they are discovered. Partner with HR on all employment decisions, and refer requests for changes to the HR department.
- Registers and maintains registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in accordance with TAPCO policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Maintains an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rule and regulations for all areas of lending operations.
- Performs special studies as requested by management and/or Board of Directors.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years financial institution experience with an emphasis on consumer lending.
- 3+years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer lending practices and federal/state consumer lending regulations.
- Experience with income and asset analysis, underwriting policies and procedures.
- Experience managing others.
- Ability to perform math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be requires – must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
May need to respond to critical or emergency situations inside or outside of regular working hours.
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.