The Risk Management Officer is responsible for implementing and administering TAPCO’s Compliance Program and its supporting processes. Provides administrative oversight for Internal Audit. Coordinates with External Auditors as well as Regulators to establish an ongoing compliance environment. Evaluates the Credit Union's compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Maintains knowledge of current and pending laws and regulations affecting the financial industry. Advises Management and Credit Union personnel of emerging compliance issues and consults and guides the Credit Union in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
- Provides independent, effective evaluation of internal controls, processes, policies and procedures for compliance and risk exposure. Support ongoing monitoring of the Credit Union's compliance risk through performing compliance assessments.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of the regulatory compliance landscape, communicate with the appropriate department management and provide meaningful analysis that identifies TAPCO and department specific impacts of regulatory changes.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures addressing regulatory requirements.
- Oversees TAPCO’s risk management, evaluates and ensures the credit union maintains adequate compliance risk mitigating controls.
- Maintain, update and communicate to management and Supervisory Committee on any proposed and final regulatory changes.
- Schedule and perform compliance assessments in accordance with the compliance needs.
- Provide compliance support for TAPCO as scheduled and/or requested including but not limited to consulting on compliance impacts to business operations and reviewing marketing materials, disclosures, policies and procedures.
- Enhance the Credit Union compliance knowledge and expertise by coordinating and delivering training activities provided by both internal and external resources for both employees and volunteers.
- Monitors corrective action of any compliance deficiencies identified by auditors and examiners.
- Assist with the BSA monitoring process, including suspicious activity reporting, CTR's, OFAC, FinCEN 314(a) and high-risk accounts. Position is responsible for monitoring, researching, analyzing and investigating suspicious activity detected by the anti-money laundering system.
- Follow through with compliance service and support commitments agreed upon with each department.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on and adheres to the requirements of all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for all areas of TAPCO operations.
- Prepares policy statements, amendments, or other documents requiring adoption by either the Board of Directors or management.
- Oversees vendor management program compliance.
- Consult with Human Resources (HR) on issues outside of the normal scope of performance or behavior. Report all issues of safety or legal consequence immediately and surface undesirable patterns as they are discovered. Partner with HR on all employment decisions, and refer requests for changes to the HR department.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor degree in accounting/business/finance preferred.
- 5 years financial institution experience.
- 3 years auditing/compliance experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, regulations and correspondence.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.
- Well organized with ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility is necessary so an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be required – must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
- May need to respond to critical or emergency situations inside or outside of regular working hours.
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.