Summary and Mission:
Performs transactional paying and receiving duties as a service professional to TAPCO Credit Union members with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Greets and welcomes members in a professional manner. Provides excellent member service by providing prompt and accurate member transactions. Promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a professional manner providing prompt, excellent service and accurate member transactions.
- Assists member with paying and receiving transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, money orders, cashier's checks, checks and loan payments.
- Handles cash and checks within set limits and places holds where needed.
- Balances cash drawer at end of business day and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Process plastic cards, orders checks and processes stop payments.
- Performs drive-up functions and night drop duties as assigned.
- May have opening and closing responsibilities.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Promotes, explains and cross-sells TAPCO services and products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Models a high level of member service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages)
- High level of member service and good verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee's job responsibilities may change at any time during employment
- Understanding of financial institutions. Preferably, credit unions.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting
- Onsite work is essential.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
You may email your resume to TAPCO_Careers@tapcocu.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.