This position is responsible for originating and leading Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Acts as a key resource for staff and Management for significant employee relations issues including leaves of absence, compensation and HR policy. Keeps abreast of current industry and community status to ensure TAPCO remains competitive in its HR policies and programs. Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and contributes to the establishment and execution of the Credit Union strategy. Represents TAPCO in the community and with vendors. Promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members and prospective members.
- Partners with Management to assess organizational performance against people strategies, operational effectiveness and TAPCO’s long-term strategy.
- Responsible for recruiting efforts: identifies and implements creative recruiting and selection strategies to meet staffing needs. Ensures compliance with all
- TAPCO policies and procedures and all relevant employment/labor laws.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive compensation and benefit program that reinforces TAPCO’s ability to attract, retain and motivate a quality workforce. Provides counsel and guidance on compensation issues related to internal promotions, new hire compensation and market/equity adjustments. Recommends appropriate benefit plans.
- Develops and performs new employee onboarding, tracks and reports data on staff turnover and exit interviews.
- Serves as a resource for staff and Management with the administration of difficult and sensitive employee relations issues.
- Provides counsel to Management on sensitive employee relations issues. Conducts investigations and makes recommendations regarding discipline, harassment, and discrimination complaints. Ensures consistent policy administration.
- Develops and implements strategies to enhance/improve employee relations as needed.
- Develops, maintains and updates effective strategies, policies and procedures for supervised areas.
- Ensures that plans, policies and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, industry trends, and further credit union initiatives.
- Provides leadership and direction to supervised area staff. Ensures that staff is well-trained, effective and optimally used. Monitors individual performance and effectiveness. Conducts performance reviews annually. Implements corrective actions as needed.
- Develops a budget, annual plan and business goals for the department. Approves department expenses. Monitors expenses against budget and provides monthly comparison report to Management.
- Performs special studies as requested by management.
- Maintains an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge on all TAPCO products and services.
- Ensures and models a high level of member service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years’ human resource experience.
- 3+ years’ management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners and members.
- Excellent understanding of employment law practices and principals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Master’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
- Understanding of the credit union’s field of membership.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be required – must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time.
- May need to respond to critical or emergency situations inside or outside of regular working hours.
You may email your resume to TAPCO_Careers@tapcocu.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.