Provides day-to-day operational leadership for the Information Technology department, including assisting in development of IT strategies, policies and procedures, and management of IT staff. Assists in maintenance and improvements of IT security, disaster recovery program and ensures good working relationship between IT and all Credit Union employees is maintained.
- Assists in development, maintenance and updating effective IT strategies, policies and procedures. Assists in ensuring that IT operational plans, policies and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, industry trends, and further Credit Union initiatives.
- Assists in implementation and improvement of Credit Union information security program. Acts as Assistant Credit Union Security Officer.
- Provides leadership and direction to branch staff. Ensures staff are well trained and understand Credit Union policies/procedures and legal requirements. Monitors individual performance and effectiveness. Conducts performance reviews at least annually. Implements corrective actions as needed. Provides feedback on IT employee performance.
- Assists in development and monitoring of annual IT budget. Assists in Approving department expenses.
- Assists in management of IT vendors. Assists in management of Credit Union vendor management program.
- Ensures Credit Union staff has effective equipment and software that meet their needs and budgetary constraints. Schedules maintenance and upkeep for computer equipment.
- Oversees and assists IT employees with updates, releases, purges, new programs and all back-office processing schedules.
- Works closely with VP Information Technology in managing all aspects of the IT department, technology use and integration across Credit Union.
- Assists in management and ensuring availability of core system.
- Assists in determining level of standardization required regarding in-house PC file management and schedules necessary backup procedures with IT employees.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of the disaster recovery plan testing. Maintains, logs, and updates Data Disaster Recovery Procedures. Assists in Running a test of the data recovery systems annually.
- Aids Examiner and Auditors by providing records and information needed to facilitate audits. Provides written responses to IT audits with the guidance of management.
- Demonstrate leadership in words and actions on a daily basis; act as role model for success and engagement. Create a positive work environment conducive to trust and transparency; foster a culture of a high performing team that is engaged and committed to performing TAPCO’s mission.
- Consult with Human Resources (HR) on issues outside of the normal scope of performance or behavior. Report all issues of safety or legal consequence immediately and surface undesirable patterns as they are discovered. Partner with HR on all employment decisions, and refer requests for changes to the HR department.
- Performs special studies as requested by management and/or Board of Directors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five years IT related experience.
- Deep broad based technical understanding, at a practitioner level in all aspects of IT infrastructure.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Knowledge of regulations governing IT systems and industry best practices.
- Effective project management skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Three years as a Manager or Director of IT.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer / Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional.
- VM Ware Certified Professional.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be requires – must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
- May need to respond to critical or emergency situations inside or outside of regular working hours.
You may email your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.