Provides strategic and day-to-day direction for TAPCO branch operations. Responsible for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of branches functions. Ensures member needs are promptly and professionally served. Directs the formulation and implementation of operation and member service policies and practices. Provides leadership, direction and training support to branch managers and branch staff. Actively promotes TAPCO’s products and services to members and prospective members.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of branch operations and member service functions. Ensures member needs are promptly and professionally served.
Coach, develop and lead branch staff to deliver exceptional member service and promote the cross sales of credit union products and services.
- Develop and communicate team goals. Monitor individual performance and effectiveness. Conducts performance reviews at least annually. Implements corrective actions as needed.
- Develops, maintains and updates effective operations strategies, policies and procedures. Ensures that operations operational plans, policies and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, industry trends, and further Credit Union initiatives.
- Responsible for the performance management of staff, to include daily feedback, coaching and mentoring; administration of appraisals that are timely and meaningful. Identify and address deficiencies constructively. Continually support, encourage and motivate team members toward ongoing growth and development.
- Remains knowledgeable of branch operations services and assists members as needed.
- In conjunction with management, develops and maintains annual budget. Approves department expenses.
- Manages outside vendors as needed.
- Provides marketing and business development support to branch managers.
- Works with regulators and auditors to provide information and ensure effective credit union operations.
- Demonstrate leadership in words and actions on a daily basis; act as role model for success and engagement. Create a positive work environment conducive to trust and transparency; foster a culture of a high performing team that is engaged and committed to performing TAPCO’s mission.
- Consult with Human Resources (HR) on issues outside of the normal scope of performance or behavior. Report all issues of safety or legal consequence immediately and surface undesirable patterns as they are discovered. Partner with HR on all employment decisions, and refer requests for changes to the HR department.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Maintains an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Ensures and models a high level of customer service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years financial institution experience with an emphasis on managing branch operations.
- Knowledge of consumer lending practices and federal/state consumer lending regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills. Experience managing others.
- Ability to perform math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Understanding of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
Position Working Conditions:
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Travel by car may be requires – must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time
- May need to respond to critical or emergency situations inside or outside of regular working hours.
You may email your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.